Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Take in a Deep Breath and Enjoy the View

Isn't this an awesome view?  Not only is it beautiful with all the layers of trees, but a place like this can lead to days of art and inspiration...and perhaps more importantly, relaxation of the spirit and soul.

I think getting out for a day of fun is one of the best things a person can do for themselves.  It's so important to take care of our own needs while we are in the midst of lives little (or big) ups and downs. 

On day I took this picture I was out geocaching with my sister and brother-in-law.  With geocaching you get to stop every so often to seek out a cache which also means that you have a bit of time to stop, take in a deep breath and enjoy an awesome view; it's a bit of exercise (geocaching) and a bit of relaxation (the view) all rolled up into one single event of the day. 

This day  lead to several new paintings, all abstracts, which is not my usual area of creativity. After I completed my paintings and heard some honest criticism; I found that I love the idea of painting an abstract and I feel like I finally understand why people fall in love with them and why artists choose this creative path.  For me, it's painting freely; taking a thought or an idea and allowing it to develop right on the canvas. 

Relaxing, enjoying a day of fun, taking time to 'take care' of  your own needs truly does lead to inspiration.  Find your 'soul' place, take in a deep breath, now relax and enjoy this moment.  It might lead you down the same path of creativity ~ to paint, write poetry, come up with some new ideas, cook a new meal ~ It's all individual for certain and I hope this little nudge will help you step away from the rush for just a little while.

Enjoy your Journey,  Angela

No comments: