Thursday, March 25, 2010

Aqua Sea Basket



I love how this one turned out. I would also like to say that I created all the bead work, but actually the beads were once two necklaces that I discovered at huge discount.

The second I saw the necklaces, the basket was being created in my mind. A few days later I went in search of the perfect material and quickly discovered this fantastic ocean like batik fabric and immediately fell in love.

I brought the fabric home, set it beside the necklaces and it wasn't long before I was wrapping the cotton cord and sewing the basket together.

Today, after many months of thinking and coming up with nothing, I finally gave this basket a name, 'Aqua Sea.' It reminds me of the ocean and the colorful fish that swim and dart in and out of the sea anenomes.

I think this basket would be perfect for displaying all on its own, but it would also be quite a pretty display with small glass floats.

This new basket will be posted to my new Etsy shop, "Angelina's Creative Spirit." Stop by and see what I've been creating.

2 comments:

Bevie said...

Angelina this basket is awesome, and I must have it...hehhee!! I just purchased to ceramic pieces in that same color, one a tall vase the other a good sized candle cradle...this would be awesome with them with eggs in it!!! Can't wait to visit your new Etsy shop!!! Blessings my friend!!!

Kath' said...

What a wonderful basket. It is so neat seeing all the talent people have in the world. I love this color as one of my favorites ever. Gorgeous job. Come join me on my blog and enter my contest if you'd like. Kath' at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com