Saturday, December 06, 2008

Grandbaby Number 4 - It's a Boy!

Isn't it a miracle...this little babe is just 4 months in the womb and he is so well formed and look at that, he's sucking his thumb! Isn't it amazing that the ultra sound can give us such detailed pictures?

Well, I have to tell you, his Grandma and Grandpa are really excited. This will be our fourth grandchild and with all the joy we feel, it's surprising this is not our first Grandbaby. This same wonderful, heart-full-of-love feeling came with each and every grandchild.

For me, I can't seem to pass by a baby aisle in the store without my eyes catching sight of something soft and blue; so even though our little dear isn't due until April, he will have a couple of presents under the tree, and a few more presents might just appear each month until he is born. Our daughter does not seem to mind getting the little gifts now and then...in fact, she oooohhhhs and awes at all the goodies, just like you would hear us if we were standing over a box full of tiny puppies outside of the store.

The pictures of our little miracle grandson really reminds me of what a joyous season December is, and how beautiful it is to know that we will be celebrating Christmas with nearly all our (5) grown children and their families; although our one daughter will not make it this year, we will have our computer videos running so we can all be home for Christmas in one way or another. My oldest grandson and I will decorate the tree and hopefully all will gather together to create the Gingerbread houses this year.

Oh the joy of creating a Gingerbread House. My oldest Grandson not only loved the making of these creations, but each day he would take another bite out of the house, (shhh, don't tell his mom and dad, but somedays, we would have to sneak in more than one bite, what are grandma's for if we can't do a little bit of snack sneaking).

From my home to yours, I wish each and all of you a very blessed and heart-full-of-love Christmas season.

Blessings,

Angelina

8 comments:

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Congratulations on another grandbaby! That gingerbread house sure does look good!
Kim

Dream With the Fishes said...

Hi Angelina, Thanks for your comments, for entering my in your giveaway and for joining in on mine! I have posted about your Great Christmas Giveaway, along with a few others, on my blog just now: http://dreamwiththefishes.blogspot.com/2008/12/more-giveaways-to-enter.html

Congratulations on the imminent arrival of your 4th precious grandbaby!! God bless you and your family and may you have a joyous holiday season filled with love and all kinds of goodness! xoxo Serena

Sharon Kay said...

It is your first picture of your grandson to be. Love the picture with the gingerbread house. Thanks for the visit and I will be back often. Good wishes being sent from Ohio to your home and family.

Loralynn said...

Congratulations on your soon to be here Grandson! Especially this time of year, I think we are reminded what a miracle babies are! There is nothing like holding that new little one, the soft skin, the sweet sounds and the way your heart squeezes when they open their eyes and focus on you...nothing like it! Can you tell, even though I'm glad I won't be having anymore babies, that I am a bit nostalgic about it? My first "baby" is 19 and in college and my fourth is almost 8. But I do miss the days of infancy...

Joanie Hoffman said...

oh yes, sneak snacking, a favorite activity for me and my grandchildren.
Congratulations on the new baby boy!
Happy days,
Joanie

Flor Larios Art said...

Beautiful Photo! Congratulations!

Patti said...

Congratulations grandma!!

Warm Hugs
Patti

FrumsGlass said...

Congratulations Angelina!