Sunday, November 09, 2008

Gothic Arch Weekly Challenge


On Sunday of each week, the Gothic Arch ning site adds a new challenge for us. This week our hostess, Dawn Bryson came up with a great idea, to use buttons.
Buttons are the one thing I have a lot of. Vintage jars and clear vintage containers hold only a small portion of my collection. This Wednesday, when I start my weekly blog post on "Organizational Ideas," I'll give you a glimpse of my wonderful collection and show you how I've managed to keep collecting these tiny wonders without them spilling all over into the whole house.
So enough about my button collection and back to our wonderful Hostess at the "Gothic Arch" site. Dawn posted this information for us to follow along with the challenge:
"This week, I wanted to do something I thought everyone could play with.. Buttons! I love them on cards, and of course on arches. Create your arch this week using buttons, it can be holiday, vintage etc.. just as long as it has buttons on it. Yeah, more than one would be nice but one counts too!! (lol) Have fun creating! (-Dawn)"
If you'd like to take a look at Dawns creations and Gothic Arch, hop on over to her delightful site, The Chatty Stamper and take a look around.
Thanks for the challenge Dawn. I love creating the Gothic Arches and this one was especially fun.
For my arches I used three seperate papers. The bottom is a new glitter paper I found and the other two I've had in my paper stash for a while. I used "Stickles" icicle glitter glue around the edges of the top layers and the little girl is a purchase I made from Art Chix Studio. I applied Perfect Pearls (Ranger) in Pearl and Interference Blue...It was suppose to look a bit like snow (lol).
Blessings,
Angelina

10 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so pretty! I love the glitter - it's the perfect touch. I would love to hear some tips on button organization! I just spilled a huge tin of them yesterday and I am still picking them up! :-)

Kersten said...

What a pretty arch - from color choice right down to buttons.

Ginger said...

Oh i love the glitter too! Gorgeous arch ! Very elegant!

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful arch

Femmy said...

beautiful arch!!!

Virginia said...

Wonderful arch..

vintage wil said...

what a lovely arch!!!

Willy said...

Beautiful arch!

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh this is so gorgeous arch.
Really lovely.

Suze said...

Lovely arch !!!