Thursday, June 05, 2008

Holocaust Star Project

I received an email yesterday from Jillian, at Blog Me till Midnight. She wrote that she home schools her children and that they are working on a Holocaust Project and wondered if I would like to contribute a star to them...she writes in her blog about the project on 13 March 2008:

"We are doing a Holocaust Project and we are asking for your help. We are wanting to build a small Holocaust memorial in our front yard, so that my kids can remember all the Jews that lost their lives. We are asking people to send us "stars" which represents the yellow stars that the Jews had to wear. They could be stars of all sorts to symbolize the lights that went out due to the Holocaust." - Jillian

I loved the idea and immediately responded. As you can see, I've posted my Star which I'll be sending off in tomorrow's mail. I decided to make a folded star using 3"x3" pieces of scrapbook paper. I had a time with the center (gold) stars as the embellishments were too soft to punch through the thick card stock...I finally flattened them with a hammer and glued them down.
If you'd like to contribute a "Star" to their Holocaust Project, please contact Jillian through her blogspot (link above) and be sure to follow through the blog to see the beautiful art stars she and her sons have already collected. They are amazing!
Best wishes,
Angelina

No comments: