Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pink Hearts, Not in the Company of Men

You can imagine the look across his face as I handed him this beaded heart window hanger, "It's all pink," he whispers. "I know," I replied in the same low voice, "I just made it." So although he has this silly look with a blush crossing his cheeks; I can still see the smile that is suppressed behind his tightly closed lips. It's all in the eyes; the sheer affection that illuminates behind the bluish-green hues which sparkle like a million stars in the sky. I realized immediately that it wasn't that he didn't like my little creation but it was all in my presentation.

For several hours I was happily anchored to my art table creating dragonflies (they're going out to a shop). After a while, I had this idea in my head (I talked about this in an earlier post) and I just needed to generate the design before it lapsed into the part of my brain that is full of creative disorganization and incomplete artistic images.

With all the colors of Valentine's Day still fresh in my memory I pulled out all the beads that spoke of love; pinks, reds, a touch of silver and a touch of rich copper. It all came together quickly in the spirit of love, but during this time I had completely shut everything else out. I was once again immersed into the deeply refreshing world of wonder, creativity, and imagination...and apparently while in this creative state, company came to visit. And me, not a care in the world, walked into the livingroom and handed him beads all shaped into a nice pink heart.

You can guess now that pink hearts probably shouldn't be presented in the company of men, even if the men are related.

Note: The vision for this beaded heart was generated from reading and admiring the book, Instant Expert - Beading by Lucinda Ganderton.

9 comments:

Susan said...

What a sweet post. I embroidered a heart and made a little privative style pillow with it attached and gave to my Darling Husband for his birthday. He loves it. We should never underestimate our wonderful spouses. I can just imagine the shy look in your love's eyes when you presented his gift. How cute.
Susan

Susan said...

Oops, sorry for the typo, make that a primitive style pillow.
Susan

daydreamstudios said...

Men...always trying to be macho...lol I think it's beautiful.
Your journal is on it's way to you. I hope you like it.
Karla

ladybug said...

this post made me laugh so hard! and I could see my Dad giving me much the same look during moments when I've decided to gift him with my creativity. Bless their hearts!...it is hard for them to hold on to something so 'pink' in the company of others! lol

I got your message as well, and I'm so happy that your package arrived and that you like your wallhanging! While I don't know about perfect stitches, they were made with 'pink ' and heart colored love just for you! :)

Blessings!

Sabii Wabii said...

Yeah I can't wait for my dragonfly!!!
Cute beaded heart!
Terisa

Cat said...

what a beautiful heart, Angelina, I love your style!

Cat

Sabii Wabii said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED



Here’s the rules:



1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.



2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.



3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.



4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Had too.
Love the dragnonfly! I'll post it in the next day or two.
terisa

susan said...

Oops! I'll learn that lesson from you!

I stopped in the other day and got distracted by my family and completely forgot to post and let you know that you had won my drawing! All I need is a snail addy!

Kari & Kijsa said...

You are so talented...we are glad we stopped by...have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa