Thursday, January 31, 2008

Vintage Valentine Fan

After creating the Vintage fan for the Paperwhimsy group at yahoo, I was on a roll and decided I needed to create five more to give as Valentine's Day cards for some very special people in my life.

The one pictured here is for my Mom. She and I both adore the beautiful simplicity of this kind of artwork and I know she will treasure this gift for a long time to come.

The fronts are cut from a heavy 12x12 scrapbooking paper, topped with an eyelet, edges were created with a Fiskars punch. I used stickers from Punch Studio and paper from the Love ATC Collection, Memories in the Making. I hole punched and riveted the ends of the blades and strung several fibers through them to hold it together.

Now that you have an idea of how to create this little gift, don't forget to add a little note to the back of one of the blades for your very special Valentine, With Love...

The creativity for making a Vintage fan of your own are truly endless.

No comments: